Blog Revisions

After participating in the survey, I went back to my site and edited every single post on my blog. My goal was to make my site more functional, uniform, and inviting to users. I began by giving my posts better titles and making them uniform. Before, my titles were exactly what the assignment was with no creativity or thought provoking one liners. Now I have tried to come up with an attention grabbing titles that draw the audience in but are still adequate indicators of what the assignment post is. This means that my titles that used to be “Reading Summary One, ‘Architectural Exclusion: Discrimination And Segregation Through Physical Design Of The Build Environment’ by Sarah Schindler” is now titled “Reading Summary 1 – Unit 1 – Destroying Opportunities Through Architectural Exclusion”. I also went back and tagged all of my posts. Before few of them were tagged, and now all of them are tagged in great detail so that users of my site can better explore my research. I also considered if any of my posts could fit into more than the single category I had originally placed them in, and a few could fit into multiple categories, so I made that revision as well. Lastly, I went through every post in order to correct my spacing, especially my first ones from when I was still learning how to use my site and design posts. I believe that these changes have made my blog much more functional and overall will be better for users of my site working to understand the research I did over the course of...

Blog Revisions

Once completed with the initial survey, I realized that I had a few major flaws in my web site that needed to be addressed. The first thing I went through and fixed was the lack of tags in a few of my posts. While I had tags for all of my posts, there was room for more detailed tags to draw more traffic through the page. I then went through each of my posts and changed the title to be more descriptive of the piece rather than the generic titles I previously had like, “Reading Summary #1.” I changed both of these so that my submissions could be more accessible and easily found by my peers.   What I wasn’t able to revise, but I would like to address, includes multi-media. A few of my posts did indeed include a photo or two, but as a whole my blog is pretty bare. More images would provide more detail to my posts and make the over all look of my blog more attractive. Just like the need for more media my blog could use more structure and design. I wish I had taken the time to play around with the theme of the blog and font to create a different atmosphere. Currently my blog is just a collection of information, whereas if it had been designed differently it could create a completely different tone and message with each of its posts.    ...
css.php