Extra Extra Credit – Part 2 Final Detailed Revision Explanation

Throughout this final step of perfecting our built environment spaces I learned a lot not only about the mistakes and improvements that were able to be made, but also about the overall function of our digital spaces as well. The final extra extra credit part of this assignment allowed for us to reexamine the work we have been doing in small pieces, and completely remodel and perfect our sites. The main improvement that I could see needed changes on my site as I worked on the first part of the extra extra credit part of this project was that more tags were needed for each of my individual posts. Though a few of my posts had tags, many did not. I went back and revisited many of my recently added posts and customized as many posts as I could. I had also trashed many useless drafts and notes that were left as my posts that helped clean up the site and make the site more resourceful. After all of this, I made a quick scan of all of my work and made touch ups here and there on font sizes and colors present throughout the site so that the site has an overall equivalent and pretty feel to it as well as being able to clearly read and access the content...

Detailed Revision of Blog Explanation

After participating in the reflective survey I went back into my blog and made several changes to make it more uniform and easier to navigate.  I titled every post more appropriately by naming them according to what they are about. For instance, instead of “Reading Summary One” I revised to “Tapestry Of Space:Reading Summary”.  After I changed the titles of all the posts I added more descriptive tags to each post so they can be found easier.  I added the author of the original works’ names in the tags so people can find the original work and my work in response to it.  Once again I also added tags that pertain to the topic. (Ex:”Sarah Schindler, Architectural Exclusion, Reading Summary, Racism, Discrimination, Classism”.)  And finally, I added categories to better organize and unify built environment descriptions or any topic that is covered in more than one post.  Categories like “Majestic Diner”, “Cool Atlanta Blog”, and “State Capitol” contain several posts that pertain to that specific place in Atlanta.  That way it is easier and quicker for someone looking for information about a specific place in Atlanta to find the correct portion of the...

Design Team Reflection

  Throughout the past few weeks, working as a design team member was a positive experience for me. Initially, I was hesitant to join the team because I did not know any of the other people and group work tends to end tragically. The most challenging aspect of the project, like any group project, was collaborating with everyone. At times, it was difficult to maintain communication because we were predominantly using a google doc, which I am less familiar with, and email messaging, which none of us check as regularly as we probably should. After meeting up a few times and exchanging cell phone numbers, the communication became more fluid and was easier to maintain. I have to give props to Emir for his leadership and devotion to making the project work and run smoothly. I honestly do not believe that without him on the team that it would have come out the way it did. Mrs. A was always extremely helpful in guiding us when we were not necessarily sure what to do or how to express our thoughts and ideas.    The most rewarding aspect of the project was the freedom that we had. We were able to work on our own schedules, let our creative juices flow, and really make the website our own. Without that sort of freedom, I do not feel as though we would have been as successful. I know that with my busy schedule, classes and two jobs, I would not been able to commit to this project without that freedom. However, the freedom was a little bit bitter sweet. I still...

Revise and Edit (Extra Credit)

For the majority of the revisions, I changed or added tags of each blog post. Many of these posts did not have any categories or tags, and Mrs. A preferred that all students categorize their posts in order to have more organization and specification for their work. For example, my “Formal BED- Trader Joe’s” post was missing tags and categories. After adding labels to my post, it then helped sort the page by the topic it was about and made it more custom. It is also now combined with other posts about Trader Joe’s, other built internal environments, and built environment descriptions. Another example is from my “Insight into Zoo Atlanta’s Website- Digital BED” post. At first, all of my photos would only lead to the link of the picture after getting clicked on. I then went back and added links to the screenshots of the website, which opened up to the actual zoo website and allowed readers to see more of that page. Adding links to the headings of each artifact was also one of my other edits, and that helped the reader gain easy access to the site. This adds more visual attraction and convenience for the viewers who visit this post about Atlanta Zoo’s...
css.php